VENETIAN LIVER WITH RAISINS AND BALSAMIC
- 2 slices beef liver
- 100 gr. feta cheese «ΔΙΒΑΝΗ»
- 2 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup excellent virgin olive oil ALTIS/ SOLON/ ELANTHI
- 2 tablespoon flour
- fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar «KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU»
- 1 tablespoon pure cold butter «ΔΙΒΑΝΗ»
- salt - pepper
- chopped parsley
- 4 slices traditional bread
- balsamic cream with fig KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU
- dried oregano
- excellent olive oil ALTIS / SOLON / ELANTHI
- flower of salt
Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Let the onions for 10' and stir them regularly so that they soften.
Place the flour, the spices, the salt and the pepper in a bowl. Bread the liver slices.
Shake them until the extra flour is removed and add the onions. Add the garlic for a while until it brings out its flavor and then remove it.
Fry the liver on both sides for 2´-3'. Add the raisins and pour with the balsamic vinegar «KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU».
Add one tablespoon of pure butter «ΔΙΒΑΝΗ».
Lower the heat, cover the food and let the sauce thicken. Finally, add the cold butter.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with “riganada”.
Toast the bread until it turns brown. Sprinkle the bread with oil, oregano and salt.
Αdd the balsamic sauce with fig KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU.
Then, add the feta cheese «ΔΙΒΑΝΗ».
Serve the liver with the caramelized onions on the top of riganada.